2014年11月9日星期日

WEEK 9

The Term Test 2

I think this time I did a better job than the term test 1. I paid more attention to proper time distribution, and finished all the problems on time. However, I was not sure about the second question’s answer, and I will look at that part more later on. I hope I can get a good mark.

What I Learnt

This week we did more exercise on big-Oh proofs.
When the proof came, all we needed is picking appropriate c and B.

* I got two tips, which were very useful to find c and B:
1)   c should larger than the constant factor of the highest-order term
2)   see what happens when n= 1

Then we could find appropriate c and B.

* When there is more complicated polynomial function in big-Oh, we need appropriate c and B to connect them together, for example:


The Challenging Part

For non-polynomials, we used limit at infinity and L’hopital Law, which were important parts in MAT137. For instance:






Learning this type of proof helped me laid a solid foundation of that part in MAT137, I really appreciate it.

An Interesting Finding

When I read other classmates’ slogs, Albert Xie’s slogs drew me attention, because he added a number of funny pictures and videos into his slogs, which makes the articles more readable and enjoyable. I can improve my slog from learning his. (http://99bugsbutaglitchaintone.blogspot.ca)

没有评论:

发表评论