2014年10月12日星期日

WEEK 5

The Term Test 1

This is the first midterm I got in U of T. I really wanted a good beginning, so I worked hard and reviewed all the materials I had, including slides, course notes, tutorial problems, quizzes, and the past tests. And I brought an aid sheet with all the manipulation laws I thought maybe useful in the exam. However, I found it was not that helpful as my expectation. I even did not have time to take a look at it. I think next time I will not bring the aid sheet. Just like what Grace Lim said,” if I don't understand the concepts, so even though I have aids with me, that won't really help.”(http://2014csc165slog.blogspot.ca/2014/10/week-5-continued-proving-and-mid-term.html)
Actually I did not spend lot of time on past tests, because I thought this time couldn’t be similar to the past ones. When I had problem on the first question of the past test(about the transformation between computer language and human language in python), I just skipped it and went on. Therefore, when this term test had the exactly same-typed problem, I had no idea how to do. I forgot the exam strategy and wasted bunch of time on the first question which I was not good at. It resulted in the awful time distribution on the second and third question. I only left three minutes for the last one, which I was able to tackle, so I did not finish it.
My close friend, Yahui Liu encountered the same problem as me (http://yahuiliuslog165.blogspot.ca/2014/10/week-5.html). We both failed to spend most time to the question we most understood.

       

 Inspiration   

        After communicated with upper year students, I found a solution: when practice, we should write the past test within the limited time as same as the true test, so that we can have a clear idea in how to distribute time in each part, and avoid losing the mark we could have gotten.

没有评论:

发表评论